In the new New Economy, business is all about the bottom line. For IT, this means that projects and investments must have demonstrable short and long term ROI. But this doesn't mean that you have to do everything the old-fashioned way. There are a number of emerging IT strategies which yield big results by combining forward thinking ideas and technology with sound business principles.
Below is a sample of strategies that Soft Dimensions can show you how to implement:
We have seen these strategies quickly generate results for many different organizations -- and we can put them to work for yours.
- Custom Business Solutions -- Organizations are unique. They are made up of unique people and utilize unique business processes. The 21st century places demands business organizations be more efficent and competitive than ever. The most competitive businesses require efficient use of enterprise data and integrated client and server systems.
- Buy vs. Build -- This remains one of the most common yet difficult decisions for business managers. The rate of change and the amount of hype in the software industry only complicates this process. Different applications will yield different answers to the question. The key is developing sufficient functional and technical requirements, and conducting accurate and short and long term ROI analyses that account for all variables.
- Application Frameworks -- The technology for building business applications has evolved dramatically in the last five years. Today's object oriented languages, application servers, and databases offer powerful platforms on which to build. The next trend is configurable application architectures that isolate the display, data, and business rules, greatly simplifying and accelerating development.
- Executive Dashboard -- The decision makers in an organization need real time access to a wide array of key operating metrics to cope with the rapidly changing dynamics of business. Integration tools and techniques, combined with powerful data crunching and the speed of the Web, can give executives the visibility and control they require.
- Offshore Development -- The global economy, and the raw economics of utilizing offshore resources, demand that any organization consider offshore development as an option for projects of reasonable size and scope. The keys to making it work: using the right offshore firm and the right methodology. SOFT dimension's experience and offshore partnerships offer compelling options.
- Eliminate Paper and Streamline Process -- All of the tools and technologies exist to enable you to elimate paper-based processes, and the often cumbersome workflows that accompany them. The results are elimination of overhead, higher throughput, better tracking and accountability, and increased customer responsiveness.